Friday, November 11, 2011

Change of Heart


I was supposed to pick up another centipede in the trade I made for my spiderlings. The person I was working with told me he was getting six more Scolopendra subspinipes today. I decided to wait and see what color morphs he received, as he only had the brown body/ yellow leg morph yesterday.

When I stopped by today, he had the six new beasties, but they were all that same color morph, sadly. I was hoping he would have one with the reddish-pink legs. Since I didn't see any that stood out to me, I took a peek at his other animals.

Since there were no spiders, I perused the scorpions. I'm not a big fan of scorpions, but I do keep them from time to time. He had some neat species, but one caught my eyes. It's an Israeli gold scorpion (Scorpio maurus). They get up to about 2-3" in length, have very mild venom, but have a seriously bad attitude. I have a weak spot for very tiny bugs who act like they're the size of a Scottish wolf hound.

This little bugger is about an inch long, right now, and tried to pinch the holy heck out of my tweezers when I picked it up to put in its new cage. I'm enamored already. I think we're going to have a great friendship!

No comments:

Post a Comment